4 - 5 Years Old
In Brighton’s Kindergarten Ready Classroom, children will:
- Learn literacy basics through reading activities focused on sight words.
- Participate in small groups concentrating on math basics such as adding, subtracting, comparing and contrasting.
- Further develop their understanding and listening skills 3-step instructions given throughout each day.
- Develop their social skills by sharing their art work with their classmates and participating in creative activities such as puppet shows.
- Learn basic Kindergarten level skills such as: writing their first and last name, counting to 30, and identifying basic geometric shapes and colors.
Children thrive off of a routine with just the right amount of structure and flexibility. This is because it helps their minds know what to expect and be mentally prepared to take on the day. Our daily schedule gives students plenty of opportunities for teacher directed instruction, child led exploration, and socialization within large and small group learning experiences. In our Kindergarten Ready class, we also take our learning outdoors twice a day and give our brains a rest after lunch time. Students are provided with breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack.
We ask that you arrive prior to 8:15 am if you’d like your child to have breakfast. We also request that all students are here no later than 9:30 am on a daily basis. Our earliest drop off time is 7:30 am and the latest pick up time is 5:30 pm. The bulk of our curriculum will take place between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm and we want to ensure that all of our students are getting the most out of what each day has to offer.
Starting Fall 2021, there are now 1 teacher for every 6 children in EVERY classroom. That is a 70% LOWER teacher to child ratio than most childcare centers.
Low ratios are essential to providing young children with high quality, meaningful learning experiences. We pride ourselves on following NAEYC standard ratios and ensuring we are attentive and engaged with each of our students and providing the best possible care and education.
Our teachers are amazing, devoted, and highly talented. They genuinely care for each and every student in their Kindergarten Ready class. Each has the experience and education necessary to create learning experiences and relationships that will last a lifetime. In each classroom at least one of the teachers has a college degree either in education or a closely related field. In most of our classrooms, both the lead and assistant teachers have a degree and/or certification.
All of our teachers pursue ongoing training and education on an annual basis and receive at least 30 hours of training each year. 90% of our teachers have been with Brighton for more than a year and the majority have been with us for several years. We also, have substitutes on staff so that when our teachers need to be out, our students will still have a familiar face. Finally, our teachers are supported by an experienced administrative team. This team ensures all of our Kindergarten Ready students receive a great learning experience.
When you eat well, you grow, learn, and feel well.
We make a conscious effort to help our Kindergarten Ready students enjoy a variety of tasty and nutritious meals each day. All of our meals align with the guidelines set forth by the USDA, but we also take care to use fresh, high quality ingredients and prepare each meal with love and tons of tasty flavors. One of the best ways to get children interested in trying new foods is by involving them in the process. Our students help plant herbs and veggies in our garden, maintain the garden, participate in a variety of cooking activities in the classroom, give feedback on foods they would like to have on next month’s menu, and practice family style dining.
The National Association of Education for Young Children (NAEYC) program standards are the highest standards an early childhood education/pre-school program can acquire. The NAEYC are based on the latest research in education and incorporated into every facet of our organization. Brighton’s Lullwood Pre-School location holds this accreditation and operates it’s Kindergarten Ready class according to their standards. The standards that Brighton Center operates within include:
- Promoting positive relationships between children and teachers.
- Implementing a curriculum that supports learning.
- Teaching that supports curriculum goals.
- Establishing a system of assessment for children’s learning.
- Promoting the health of children.
- Employing teachers who have a professional commitment.
- Maintaining relationships with families.
- Identifying community resources to support goals.
- Maintaining a safe physical environment.
- Having program management follow policies to maintain high-quality experiences for children, families, and staff.
When you choose a NAEYC accredited center, like Brighton Center, you can feel assured that your Kindergarten Ready child is well cared for, is enjoying activities and making friends — and is building the knowledge, skills, and confidence to do well in kindergarten and beyond.
At Brighton’s Preschool Centers we understand that Parents play a vital role in the development of their children. That is why we involve our parents in ongoing Kindergarten Ready curriculum and Brighton Center activities. In addition, we meet annually with parents and discuss their child’s current developmental progress and goals to ensure we are working together towards kindergarten readiness.
Communication between teachers and parents is a high priority at Brighton Center. We recognize the trust you place in us with your children and take that responsibility seriously. That’s why we have partnered with Procare to provide parents information, progress reports, photos, videos, and more of their children while they are in our care.
To always keep parents in the loop, we use a communication system called Procare.
It’s available for your smart device and will help you to share important information with teachers and create a comprehensive record of all the great things your child is learning at Brighton Center. All families automatically receive emails from Procare which contain photos and details about their child’s day.
With Procare, Parents can:
- Easily message center staff via the app
- Receive any alerts or announcements in real time
- View upcoming schedules
- See a calendar of upcoming activities
- View attendance for your child (week or month)
- View activities: naps, meals, playtime and learning
- Understand how your child is doing against developmental milestones
- See photos and videos of your child in action
- Use GPS-enabled curbside check-in or QR code technology for a contactless experience
- Designate authorized drop-off/pick-up individuals
“Our son has been at the Brighton Center Lullwood/Monte Vista Campus for 2+ years and we could not be happier with his and our experience. The environment is warm, welcoming and safe, and the staff is attentive, knowledgeable, and has endless energy. We could not recommend Brighton more highly.”